Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ask or imagine, to HIM be the glory!"

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who Are You?

Being that I am about 27 weeks pregnant now, I've been thinking a lot about how I want to raise my baby girl. It is a much different scenario trying to live your own life and work out the kinks of your Christianity but add someone else for whom you are responsible for pointing in the right direction and you have a challenge.

Lately, I've been trying to answer the question: Do I live as if God exists? That question got me thinking about how I am perceived and what my "model" looks like. You know the question that people sometimes ask: If you died this week, what would people say at your funeral? Those are the type of thoughts that have run through my head lately. I mainly think these things because I want my daily life to reflect the things that I learn in church and the things God is teaching me. However, the person I perceive myself to be on the inside isn't necessarily the person others perceive me to be outwardly. The "outward" part is where our faith is proven and where people believe what we believe.

So, in thinking about raising a little one in such a corrupt world I thought about what I want her to see in me: I (and her daddy) want my baby girl to see me as a spiritual leader; someone who points her to Christ daily and who lives out the commandments of God. I want to be the person for whom she knows is surrendered to Christ and the one whom she sees Jesus reflection. Most especially I want to be the one from whom she learns about Jesus (not the church's responsibility).

So, my challenge to you today is to answer the question: Who do I want my children to say I am? Once you've figured out the answer to that question, then live it out. Be THAT person!

No comments:

Post a Comment