Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ask or imagine, to HIM be the glory!"

Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't You Know That I'm A Christian!?!

I think a more appropriate question is: How do you know that I'm a Christian? OR What is it that is in my life that shows that I follow Christ? The answers to THESE questions can be pretty tough to swallow, especially for those who view themselves in a different light than the way others see them.

I have learned in recent years to examine myself by looking at the areas where I need God to help me grow instead of the areas at which I have already grown rapidly. Sometimes we tend to look at the "good" things about ourselves and forget about the "bad." I think that is understandable of anyone, even non-Christians...it is human nature, sin nature. However, if we are truly honest with ourselves and really want to follow Christ, we would do the hard thing and strive to remove those "bad" things daily (die to self: Luke 9:23). We really shouldn't have to convince people that we are Christians....our lives should prove that. Why else are we here except to glorify God with our lives?

God is doing amazing things in my life and the life of our family. I absolutely cannot wait to see what He will teach me next. I challenge you to ask Him to help you remove the wood, hay, and stubble from your life so that His light can be reflected through you. It may be a struggle and you may have to be "refined by fire" in order to get you there, but continue to look to Him and He will bring you through more faithful, with more wisdom, and a better reflection of Him and who He wants you to be. (1 Cor 3:12-13)

So, answer this: What is something in your life that is causing someone else to think that you aren't a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment