Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ask or imagine, to HIM be the glory!"

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Unexpected Times and Places


Throughout my life, I've had many types of friends. Some whom I thought were friends turned out to be just acquaintances and some have stayed true for the long haul. I've had some friends that have parted ways and become distant and some that have stayed close for years and years no matter the miles between us. 
We don't often analyze the ones we call friends or show gratitude for them putting up with your quirkiness and sometimes strange ways. We just know that they are there and have comfort that they always will be. I thank God daily for the friends He has placed in my path. Many of these friends have come about at unexpected times and places and some have always been there but we just never kindled a relationship until now. Isn't God's timing perfectly awesome! People who are willing to tell you 
like it is and keep you on the straight and narrow are very hard to find and once you find them you never want to part from them. I have come to appreciate the plethora of people God has placed in my path and who have become my very best buddies. These people are the ones, like David and Jonathan, whose souls are knit with mine and I love them as myself (1 Sam 18:1) So to my friends I say thank you. Thank you for your love, your guidance, your knowledge and wisdom, your shoulder to lean on, your laughter and quality time spent, and your unending direction as you push me toward Christ daily. I am eternally grateful and I love you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment