Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ask or imagine, to HIM be the glory!"

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Who is your Moses?

In studying Joshua 1 today, I came to realize that Joshua must have been the stuff to be the next leader behind Moses. Joshua was Moses' apprentice whom he trained to become a leader after his death. In reading about how Joshua began his new journey alone without his trainer, I began to think about who my Moses was. Who was training me and who do I look up to as my spiritual model? We all have people in the world whom we model ourselves even when we don't realize it.

Immediately when I read this scripture, my Moses came to mind. In recent months, my Christian walk has grown tremendously. I no longer look at things through the same lens mainly due to the example that a dear friend has set before me. While we have spent time together becoming closer as friends, she has probably never known that I have "watched" her life and learned from it a great deal. I have seen how she makes her quiet time an important part of her day, how she invites waitresses to share prayer requests before the blessing at the meal and how she discusses her sin aloud immediately when it is committed. I've come to realize that much of what is taught about Christ is not seen in a church building but in the everyday lives of Christians who are actually walking the walk.

So, now that you have possibly thought of your Moses, who is your Joshua? You know that if you have a Moses, then you must have a Joshua also. People are always watching you to see how you will react to things because they want to mimic after you. Do those who are watching you see God reflected in every area of your life? My prayer is that God will lead you to a trustworthy Moses and make you a good Joshua so that you can train to become the leader God already knows you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment